Who Is Anastasia?

My photo
New Castle, Indiana Zone 5, United States
When I was 55, I decided to embrace the things I love and hold precious and dear, regardless of anyone else's thoughts and opinion. I am a visual folk artist who loves flowers - my own flowers, grown and/or painted by me. I love good, hearty, exotic foods, and I love to prepare them myself. I love the secret garden situated in my backyard, regardless of how overgrown and wild it gets. No longer able to afford a vacation, this will have to be it for the time being. In the winter months, I still enjoy it. Anyway, here I am sharing my art, favorite recipes, cocktails, gardening tips, and just my usual vents and bantering. After all, I'm old enough to say whatever the heck I want to now ...

JEWELS OF MY SOUL

JEWELS OF MY SOUL
My Book Available on AMAZON

March 5, 2013

Oxtails of the Evening

I was inspired by Frank Fiariello to make slow cooked oxtails. Yesterday, he posted a great recipe for special beef stew using a bottle of wine, garlic and peppercorns, served with blackeye peas.

My recipe is similar to his, but with my own Anastasia Flava.

(Do not stir this; just layer as I say, please …)

In a crockpot (empty, please) toss in about 2 to 3 lbs. of CLEANED beef oxtails.
Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce

Peel an entire bulb of garlic and place all of the cloves throughout the meat.
Generously (to taste) grind fresh black peppercorns on top

Add an envelope of dry Onion Soup Mix
Throw in a few (about 3 Bay Leaves) – remember to remove these before serving.

To the bottom of the crockpot, add one 10-1/2 oz. can of Beef Broth AND
An entire bottle of red wine – I used Shiraz, because it was here.

Cover and slow cook on high for 4 hours.
Add one bag of frozen vegetables – any kind.

Cook for one additional hour.

I served this two ways; plain with just the vegetables, and on top of some seasoned blackeye peas. Both were wonderful. Thank you, Frank.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am apologizing to everyone. It's taken me 2.5 years to respond to these old posts/comments ... lol .. So Sorry! But, thank you - going to make this again soon.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you regarding this post. Please feel free to leave your comments. All the best, Anastasia a/k/a Stacey

The Backyard --Today's Vacation Spot

The Backyard --Today's Vacation Spot
A simple garden meal in the shade. No, it's not my backyard, but it looks identical to the one I grew up with at our home in Queens. Looking for an original pic of it to post soon!

Old Fashioned Tips